Thursday, November 5, 2009

I photographed an alien!!

Here it is a few days after Halloween and I convinced the grandkids that secretly their grandmother was an alien. A few days ago I talked about a process known as High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography. HDR is a process where you take three photos of an object and merge them into a single photo. This process creates a very detailed picture. Much more detailed than any one of the single photos. Well today I decided to play with this process on a flower arrangement the wife had on the counter. So while she was reading papers in the background at the kitchen table I was taking the photo. When I process the pictures using the HDR process you could see a blurred image of the wife with three arms. You see the process works if the objects are still. In this case the flower and vase was still but the wife was moving her arms in the background. So if you look closely you can see she has 3 limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment