Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Parke-Davis historic Detroit site



A few weeks ago I was walking along the Detroit Riverwalk when I walked passed the old Parke-Davis site and it reminded me of some photos I took in the summer 0f 1999. I had just purchased a new camera and wanted to try it out. So I got up early one morning and wondered over to the Detroit Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company site.

 For those that are not familiar with Parke-Davis they were at one time the largest drug manufacturer in the world. This campus is 14 acres and has several building designed by Detroit's best architectural/engineering firms, Donaldson & Amp; Meier; Albert Kahn; and Smith, Hinchman & Grylls. The campus is a beautiful collection of early 1900 industrial architecture. The grounds are very well kept. I wondered through the gate and took many pictures of the campus. As I was leaving I walked pass the guard who told me it was private property and I had no business being there. But I got plenty of great pictures. One of Detroit's hidden jewels!

1 comment: